Jazz music has been an influential genre for over a century, and its impact can be heard in many different styles of music today.
For collectors of vinyl records, jazz is a popular genre to collect, as it offers a wide range of sounds and styles. In this blog, we’ll explore the best sealed jazz vinyl records to add to your collection.
- Miles Davis – Kind of Blue (1959) One of the most popular jazz albums of all time, Kind of Blue is a masterpiece of improvisation and collaboration. Featuring legendary musicians like John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley, this album is a must-have for any jazz vinyl collection. Sealed copies of Kind of Blue can be hard to find, but they are well worth the investment.
- John Coltrane – A Love Supreme (1964) Considered by many to be Coltrane’s magnum opus, A Love Supreme is a spiritual and emotional journey through jazz music. This album showcases Coltrane’s incredible talent as both a musician and a composer. A sealed copy of this album is a true gem for any jazz collector.
- Duke Ellington – Ellington at Newport (1956) Ellington at Newport is a live album that captures the energy and excitement of Ellington’s performances at the Newport Jazz Festival. This album features some of Ellington’s most famous compositions, including “Take the A Train” and “Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue.” A sealed copy of this album is a must-have for fans of Duke Ellington and big band jazz.
- Charlie Parker – The Magnificent Charlie Parker (1956) Charlie Parker was one of the most influential jazz musicians of all time, and The Magnificent Charlie Parker is a showcase of his incredible talent. This album features some of Parker’s most famous compositions, including “Confirmation” and “Au Privave.” A sealed copy of this album is a treasure for any jazz collector.
- Dave Brubeck Quartet – Time Out (1959) Time Out is a landmark album in the history of jazz music, and features the hit single “Take Five.” This album is notable for its use of unusual time signatures and its fusion of jazz and classical music. A sealed copy of Time Out is a must-have for any collector of classic jazz.
Collecting sealed jazz vinyl records can be a rewarding hobby for any music lover. The albums on this list are just a few examples of the incredible music that jazz has to offer, and a sealed copy of any of these albums would be a true gem in any collection.